Monday 2 December 2013

Introduction to Law - QSB1414

Introduction to Law - QSB1414

Reflection 
Before taking up this subject, what i knew about law was just like in a marriage ( I do or I do not do ) but for in this case to sue or not to be sued. 


But now , I understand that law is about a system of rules and regulations to govern the conduct and behaviour of society which helps to achieve law and order plus avoid behaviour that is not acceptable in society.


I have learnt about the followings principles of law

1. Malaysian Law system ( categories, sources, separation of power, Malaysian court system)
2. Limitation Act 1953
3. Contracts Act 1950
4. Contract Law
5. Offer and acceptance
6. Intention to create legal relationship
7.Consent
8. Consideration
9. Capacity, Discharge of contracts, remedies for breach of contract
10. Void / voidable contracts  @ Unilateral / bilateral contract
11. Tort - negligence , nuisance , trespass,  defamation. 

It is basically all thanks to Miss Shoba Anita !!!! for all her hard work


Learning Outcome 

The first question I ask, Why we should all study law? \Only then I realise that we should study law at least to some degree because we all live under the law. Not everyone will use geometry in daily life, nor write researched papers, nor work in a science lab. But we will all, every day of our lives, be held accountable to the law. A large number of us will appear in court, and even a few of us will be the plaintiff or defendant in a suit.Law is a subject where you can develop a range of skills and explore many aspects of human life. Studying Law as an undergraduate gives you the chance to sharpen your mind, strengthen your understanding and deepen your experience across the full range of humanities and social sciences. You acquire both breadth of understanding and depth in the areas that interest you most.
Law therefore appeal to those who want to develop both abstract thinking and practical problem-solving. 

Class Exam 

One word - FAIL !
Two words - I FAIL!!
Three words - TOTALLY FAIL !!!

The Exam was hard , really hard . I was unlucky i got almost all the shorts questions wrong. It was the lowest score I had ever got in all my exam. You could describe it as my machine gun wasn't shooting the target at all . I did okay with the essay part and pass that section. It was just like the Social Psychology test all over again . In the end , I score 43/100 . It was a fail .

I wasn't able to solve most of the questions because i was confused by the facts that i memorize. I realize that I have poor critical thinking skills .This small test worth 25 % is actually designed to test the ability if the students in their understanding and explanation for the concept of law in ways of claim and defence such as it's facts , terms , theories , back-up examples , how to apply the concept and remember them .


Overall , I realize that I am really weak in memorizing and I am more towards the calculation type. It is indeed hard for me to memorize something from a book which i don't really like to read facts.

I should change how I am and try to improve in my reading skills as well as memorizing skills . It's going to be of great importance in the working world soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment